These Terms and Conditions of Use are to assist you (as a Trade Provider) to understand Handdii's and your own obligations and responsibilities in relation to the Handdii Platform. They do not apply to the use of the Handdii Platform by other Users (such as Insureds or Insurers), or any associated services provided by Handdii to them.
By using the Handdii Platform, you are agreeing to comply with and be bound by the following Terms and Conditions of Use, which govern Handdii's relationship with you in connection with the Handdii Platform. If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions or any part thereof, you are not entitled to access and use the Handdii Platform, and you must NOT use the Handdii Platform.
Overview of the Handdii Platform
The Handdii Platform is designed to:
- allow you (as a Trade Provider) to register your details on the Handdii Platform; and
- provide you with the opportunity to be paired with an Insured for the purpose of undertaking repair work (Work) pursuant to the Insured's Insurance Policy.
Handdii's Role and Obligations
- You acknowledge that Handdii only acts as a facilitator and will not be a party to any arrangement with you, the Insured and/or Insurer that may arise from you being paired with the Insured through the Handdii Platform.
Handdii does not guarantee that:
- the Insured will select and engage you to perform the Work; and
- payment will be made by the Insured or Insurer for the Work performed by you.
- Handdii accepts no liability for any aspect of your interaction with the Insured and/or, including but not limited to the description, performance or delivery of Work by you.
After the repair work has been satisfactorily completed:
- the Insured may review and provide feedback of your Work on the Handdii Platform; and
- we will issue an invoice (on your behalf) to the Insurer in relation to the Work performed by you. The invoiced amount will be calculated based on the Fixed Rates.
- At its absolute discretion, Handdii may refuse to allow the registration of your details on the Handdii Platform, or cancel or suspend any existing record that you may have on the Handdii Platform.
- Your use of the Handdii Platform is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable in any way whatsoever.
To ensure optimal use of the platform Handdii supports the following front-end browser’s, which may be
updated from time to time;
- Google Chrome last 2 versions.
- Firefox last 2 versions.
- last ESR release.
- Microsoft Edge last 2 versions.
- Safari bundled with iOS 11.
- No Apple TV support.
- Stock Browser on Android 7.0 and above.
- Google Chrome last 2 versions.
- Firefox last 2 versions.
- No Android TV support.
- No Samsung Internet Browser support.
- From time to time the Handdii may be subject to limitations, delays and other technical problems inherent in the use of the internet and electronic communications.
Registration of your details and maintenance of your record on the Handdii Platform is conditional upon
- complying with these Terms and Conditions of Use, the Handdii Code of Conduct (found at www.handdii.com) and all applicable laws and regulations;
- complying with the relevant Work Health and Safety Laws, Regulations, Codes of Practice and Australian Standards;
- only posting accurate and complete information on the Handdii Platform, keeping the information up to date, and ensuring that the information is not false, inaccurate or misleading or deceptive;
- agreeing to undertake the Work based on the Fixed Rates;
- agreeing to promptly rectify the Works, where you have failed to complete the Works in a satisfactory manner. If the Works are not rectified to a standard acceptable to the Insured, the matter will be referred to the Insurer;
- promptly and efficiently performing obligations to other Users in accordance with the agreements between you and the Insured, and between you and the Insurer;
- ensuring that you maintain current certificates of competency, qualifications and insurance as required in your area of trade as a Trade Provider;
- always conducting your Work as a Trade Provider in a safe manner in compliance with paragraph (ii) above; and
- ensuring that you are aware of any laws or requirements that apply to you as a Trade Provider, or in relation to using the Handdii Platform.
- You must not access or use another Trade Provider's record on the Handdii Platform. You must not transfer or assign your record to any third party. You must immediately notify Handdii of any unauthorised use of your record, or other record related security breach of which you are aware (such notification must be sent by you to Handdii).
- You must not send or store material containing software viruses, worms, trojan horses or other harmful computer code, files, scripts, agents or programs within the Handdii Platform;
You must not reverse engineer, decompile, or otherwise discover the source code or underlying ideas or
algorithms or access the Handdii Platform or attempt to do so in order to:
- build a competitive product or service;
- build a product using similar ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Handdii Platform; or
- copy any ideas, features, functions or graphics of the Handdii Platform.
- You may only use the Handdii Platform for lawful purposes and in a manner consistent with the nature and purpose of the Handdii Platform.
- You may only register on the Handdii Platform if you do not have a record of breaches of the Work Health and Safety Laws.
- Handdii may, at its sole discretion, immediately terminate your use and access to the Handdii Platform if you have breached any obligation under this clause 3. This includes removing any content you have submitted on the Handdii Platform or cancel or suspend your record on the Handdii Platform.
- Registration of your details and maintenance of your record on the Handdii Platform is conditional upon you:
Links on the site
Our Site may also, on occasion, include links to other websites which are not controlled by us. These links are provided for your convenience to provide you with further information. You acknowledge that they are used at your own risk. They do not signify that we recommend or endorse the websites. We have no control over the nature, content and availability of those websites.
Disclaimer of Warranties
To the extent permitted by law, the Handdii Platform is provided to you for use "as is" and "as available". It is provided without warranty of any kind, express or implied, including, but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability and fitness for a particular purpose, and any warranties implied by any course of performance or usage of trade, all of which are hereby expressly disclaimed.
Limitations on liability
In no event shall Handdii, nor its directors, employees, agents, contractors, partners, suppliers or
content providers, be liable under contract, tort, strict liability, negligence or any other legal theory
with respect to the Handdii Platform, including but not limited to any:
- lost profits or special, indirect, incidental, punitive, or consequential damages of any kind whatsoever (however arising);
- for any bugs, viruses, trojan horses, or the like (regardless of the source of origination); or
- for any direct damages.
- To the extent permitted by law, Handdii specifically disclaims all liability for any loss or damage (actual, special, direct, indirect and consequential) of every kind and nature, known and unknown, suspected and unsuspected, disclosed and undisclosed (including, without limitation, loss or damage relating to any inaccuracy of information provided, or the lack of fitness for purpose of any goods or service supplied), arising out of or in any way connected with any transaction between you, an Insured and an Insurer.
- These limitations are independent from all other Terms and Conditions of Use and shall apply notwithstanding the failure of any remedy provided herein. As a Trade Provider, you understand and agree that Handdii has no responsibility or liability for an Insurer's failure to pay you for repair work that you have performed.
- In no event shall Handdii, nor its directors, employees, agents, contractors, partners, suppliers or content providers, be liable under contract, tort, strict liability, negligence or any other legal theory with respect to the Handdii Platform, including but not limited to any:
You indemnify us from and against all claims, suits, demands, actions, liabilities, costs and expenses (including legal costs and expenses on a full indemnity basis) resulting from your use of the Handdii Platform and your registration as a Trade Provider on the Handdii Platform.
Handdii may terminate your access to and use of the Handdii Platform at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to remove your record from the Handdii Platform, you must notify us in writing, via www.handdii.com. These Terms and Conditions of Use shall survive termination, including, without limitation, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
Disputes between Users
Handdii has no obligation to any User to assist or involve itself in any dispute between Users. However, to the extent Handdii assists in the resolution of any dispute between Users, such assistance is only a courtesy and, therefore, you acknowledge that Handdii shall not be liable or otherwise responsible with respect to such dispute (or the resolution thereof).
These Terms and Conditions of Use may be amended from time to time. Your continued use of the Handdii Platform following any such amendments will be deemed to be confirmation that you accept those amendments.
No agency, partnership, joint venture, employee-employer or other similar relationship is created by these Terms and Conditions of Use. In particular, you have no authority to bind us, or our related entities or affiliates in any way whatsoever.
Any disputes arising out of your use of the Handdii Platform is subject to the laws of Victoria, Australia. Such dispute shall be heard by the Courts operating in Melbourne, Australia.
Fixed Rates means the rates to be charged to Insurers for the Work undertaken by Trade Providers for Insureds, which are prescribed by Handdii on the Handdii Platform.
Handdii, we, us or our means Handdii Pty Ltd ABN 93 618 870 170.
Handdii Platform means the Handdii website at www.handdii.com and any other affiliated platform that may be introduced from time to time.
Insurance Policy means a policy of insurance providing first party property insurance in respect of an Insured's home or other residential building.
Insured means a homeowner who is a party to or a beneficiary of an Insurance Policy issued by an Insurer and who has made a claim for reimbursement for damage to that Insured's home or other residential building on a policy issued by that Insurer.
Insurer means the entity that has issued an Insurance Policy pursuant to which the Insured is making a claim for reimbursement for damage or repairs to that Insured's home or other residential building.
Site means the website at www.handdii.com
Trade Provider, you or your means a person who is qualified and skilled to perform repair work for Insureds on behalf of Insurers.
User means the person who has registered to use the Handdii Platform, whether as a Trade Provider, Insured, Insurer, or otherwise.
Work Health and Safety Laws means the safety laws that apply in the state or territory of Australia in which the Trade Provider is performing the work:
- Work in Victoria is to be compliant with the Victorian Occupational Health and Safety Act of 2004, Occupational Health and Safety Regulations of 2017, Compliance Codes of Victoria and Australian Standards.
- Work in New South Wales is to be compliant with the New South Wales Work Health and Safety Act of 2011, the Work Health and safety Regulations 2017, NSW Codes of Practice and Australian Standards.
- Work in Queensland is to be compliant with the Queensland Work Health and Safety Act of 2011, the Work Health and Safety Regulations of 2011, Codes of Practice, Electrical Safety Act of 2002, Electrical Safety Regulations of 2013, Electrical safety Codes of Practice and Australian Standards.
- Work in South Australia is to be compliant with the South Australian Work Health and Safety Act of 2012, the Work Health and Safety Regulations of 2012, Codes of Practice of South Australia and Australian Standards.
- Work in Western Australia is to be compliant with the Western Australia Occupational Safety and Health Act of 1984, the Occupational Safety and Health Regulations of 1996, Codes of Practice and Australian Standards.
- Work in Northern Territory is to be compliant with the Northern Territory Work Health and Safety (National Uniform Legislation) Act of 2011, Work Health and Safety (National Uniform Legislation) Regulations of 2017, Codes of Practice and Australian Standards.
- Work in Australian Capital Territory is to be compliant with the ACT Work Health and Safety Act of 2011, Work Health and Safety Regulations of 2011, Codes of Practice and Australian Standards.
- Work in Tasmania is to be compliant with the Tasmanian Work Health and Safety Act of 2012, the Work Health and Safety Regulations of 2012, Codes of Practice and Australian Standards.